Below you will find useful resources for your Community Circle on food and shopping, supermarket opening hours, food deliveries, Pesach information and useful links to organisations who can offer help.
Please keep reading
- Sainsburys – NHS workers get priority 7:30-8am Monday-Saturday; elderly and disabled customers and their carers get priority Monday, Wednesday and Friday 8-9am
- Tesco – elderly and vulnerable customers get priority 8-9am
- Lidl – No priority hours
- Aldi – shortened opening hours, only 8-8
- Asda – priority for NHS workers, 8-9am on Mondays and Wednesdays
- Morrisons – NHS hour, 7-8am Monday-Saturday
- Iceland – First hour of trading only for elderly and vulnerable customers, and last hour of trading only for NHS workers
- Waitrose – first hour of trading only for elderly or vulnerable customers, and stock set aside for NHS workers
- Marks and Spencer – the first hour of trading on Mondays and Thursdays only for elderly and vulnerable customers
- Silvermans – were offering a pre-order service and collect in store, but are currently overwhelmed with orders. Check back soon!
- Louis Mann – no new orders before Pesach. Limiting customers to two of each item to preserve stock.
- Kosher Deli – open 9-5 only due to staff shortages. Local stores will send deliveries by taxi, or you can collect in store.
Other Kosher food
- Bespoke Catering Services – have a full menu to order from, and do home delivery. Meat is kosher but not supervised, and 15% discount for over 70s
- Just Kosher will deliver: https://www.justkosher.co.uk
Fruit and veg
- Be Fruitful – Glengall Road, Edware. Can order online and they will deliver: http://www.andrewsbefruitful.co.uk/index.html, Telephone 020 8958 1388
- New Covent Garden Market – wholesalers are now offering delivery services to households within the M25. You can browse the website and pick a wholesaler:
- Nature’s Choice – currently not accepting new orders, but keep checking back, https://www.natureschoice.london
- London Dairies, https://www.londondairies.co.uk, 020 8440 0619
FOOD DELIVERIES, AND INFORMATION ABOUT KOSHER FOR PESACH GOODS
We wanted to share with you some information about local food suppliers. As the government advice is to not leave your home if at all possible, most of our local suppliers are providing delivery services to your door. If you are having trouble getting a delivery slot with one of the large supermarkets, you should be able to receive most of your supplies from them.
The following suppliers are providing delivery. This list is not exhaustive and it is worth calling your preferred supplier, chances are they are doing it too.
Grodzinski in Edgware (bakery) - free delivery to HA7 and HA8 (plus other areas) on orders over £10 - 020 8958 1205. Order by 2pm for next day delivery
Kosher Deli in Edgware (butcher) - call the store to order on 020 8905 4423. Will send by taxi or bring out to your car.
La Boucherie in Stanmore (butcher) - will send in a taxi the same day. Call to order on 020 8954 6020.
Be Fruitful in Edgware (greengrocer) - 020 8958 5053 - delivery to local areas
Covent Garden Market (fruit, veg, eggs, milk) - as sales are down for restaurants, they are now selling boxes of produce direct to the public. Visit www.NewCoventGardenmarket.com for more information
Hello Kosher will deliver your Friday Night Dinner. £25 per person, order by Thursday at 6pm. 020 8167 1680
Due to our circumstances, the KLBD has amended the guidelines for Pesach this year. Please click here to download.
Food for the seder and beyond can be ordered from many kosher suppliers and caterers. As above, if you have a favourite, contact them and ask them what they can send you.
But some suggestions are:
Ivor Silverman (as above) order by email by 30 March
Jasmine Catering order by 1 April on www.pesachbyjasmine.com
Hermolis - will supply food and even crockery etc if you don't usually make Pesach at home - order on 020 8066 3309
Josepha White - minimum order 10 meals - order on 07879 658 653. Requires 5 working days notice
These are just suggestions and not recommendations. Please do remember to plan ahead and leave plenty of notice for your deliveries. And ask around, many smaller establishments and caterers will be glad of the business at this time.
Please stay home and let the food come to you!
Facebook support groups
North West London COVID-19 Support for the Vulnerable – 6000 members, mainly Jewish: https://www.facebook.com/groups/189036145735691/
Canons Park/Stanmore Covid-19 Support group https://www.facebook.com/groups/235208297557802/
Barnet COVID-19 Mutual Aid https://www.facebook.com/groups/215636692879586/
Harrow Covid-19 Community Support https://www.facebook.com/groups/197797838166740/
Other support organisations
Age UK https://www.ageuk.org.uk/information-advice/coronavirus/
JAMI (Mental Health) https://jamiuk.org
Jewish Women’s Aid https://www.jwa.org.uk
Jewish Care https://www.jewishcare.org
GIFT (befriending, deliveries etc) https://www.jgift.org
Paperweight www.paperweight.org.uk 020 8455 4996